For construction-related legal advice and representation, San Mateo based law firm of Last & Faoro is focused exclusively on assisting clients with legal issues related to construction law. Our knowledgeable attorneys offer extensive experience handling transactions involving everything from preparing contracts and contract review, to contract bidding and negotiation and all aspects of construction litigation.
What Type Of Contract Do You Need?
Contract disputes related to terms and interpretations of prime contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders can significantly increase the cost of California building projects. Our construction lawyers regularly draft original contracts as well as modify industry standard contracts drafted by the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Consensus contract documents and the Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC). By recognizing which clauses favor architects, general contractors, and subcontractors, our attorneys are able to help our clients ensure the contract protects their interests in large construction projects.
Our law firm regularly represents a wide variety of clients in the construction industry, including private and public property owners and developers, general contractors and subcontractors, suppliers, architects and engineers, sureties and others involving:
- Preparation of construction contracts
- Preparation of prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, owner/architect agreements and other key construction contract documents and forms
- Modifying form contracts such as the Consensus, American Institute of Architects, and Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) contracts to meet the needs of the client and the project
- Drafting design agreements
- Indemnity clauses
- Work and payment clauses
- Surety agreements
- Federal, state, and local government construction contracts
- Contract terminations
- Regulatory compliance matters
- Contract disputes via litigation, mediation or arbitration
Please contact the skilled attorneys at Last & Faoro regarding any legal matter related to a private or government construction contract preparation. Our attorneys can be reached by phone at 650-425-767 by filling out the contact form .